Read about our vision here
Transition Cambridge Food Group aims to build resilience in the face of climate, economic and fossil fuel uncertainty. Our food values are rooted in the Permaculture principles of Earth Care, People Care, and Fair Shares for all. Our Food Group ran from 2008 until 2016 and initiated many different projects and events, some of which are still going strong. Although the group is now dormant, our food projects have a special place at the heart of Transition Cambridge and our Food Strategy is an important part of our culture.
Transition Cambridge aims to:
- Support and foster a sustainable local food culture and supply
- Support community efforts to grow and eat more sustainable locally produced food,
- Raise awareness of the potential effects of climate change on our food security and food supply chains,
- Identify and support initiatives and opportunities to encourage people to make dietary changes towards more sustainable ways of eating
- Build networks and work with other organisations that share our values and whose activities complement our projects.
We run practical, community led food projects that offer people a chance to
- Learn new food skills in a fun and friendly environment,
- Meet like minded people
- Put locally and sustainably grown, sourced and produced food at the heart of community values.
Find out more about the Transition Cambridge vision on our flickr.