Groups, Projects and Activities
Current Groups and Projects
- Community growing projects Community gardens for food, wildlife and fun.
- Energy – meetings discuss energy realted topics especially regarding renewable energy and energy saving. Meetings every 3-4 weeks .re
- Events – organise large awareness raising events and other big events such as TC’s birthday parties
- Repair cafe- – in association with CCF we run repair cafes where people can bring stuff to get fixed and fixers have a go.
- Permaculture - we meet once a month at Empty Common Community Garden to discuss permaculture principles.
- Reading Group - we meet once a month online, to discuss a book of the group's choice
- A Toy's Life and Beyond - we have a permanent Toy Bank drop-off point located at The Little Gym Cambridge (Units 1-3 Chesterton Mill, French’s Road, CB4 3NP)
- Romsey Community Garden – local people have created and evolve a community garden, with vegetables, flowers, nature and recreation area
- Empty Common Community Garden - at the back of Empty Common allotments, this garden is mainly for growing food but also has features for wildlife including bats, birds, hedgehogs and solitary bees. Users meet on Sundays to do stuff and have a shared lunch.
- Daily Bread Raised Beds - raised beds for growing fruit and vegetables outside Daily Bread in King’s Hedges
- Cambridge Garden of Resilience - located next to the Guildhall in Cambridge, aims to showcase some resilient approaches to gardening
- Resilience Web – a holistic visualisation of environmental and social justice groups in Cambridge
Coordination and communication
- Newsletter – take turns writing Transition Cambridge’s weekly newsletter
- Social media - keeping the facebook and twitter accounts active and writing articles for the Media Blog
- Stalls – run stalls at local events such as Strawberry Fair, the Town and Country Show and Mill Road Winter Fair
- Web – keep the web-site up-to-date
- Admin – keeping resources together, answering e-mails, many assorted tasks
- Poster-making – necessary for all our events and activities
- Running workshops and giving talks ¬ - as we are invited to do so and for special Transition events
- Council liaison – on-going as required according to local consultations
For more information about any of these groups or projects, contact us or visit the relevant pages on this web-site.