Transition Cambridge AGM 2019
Tuesday October 8th 2018 at 7:30pm, Friends Meeting House, Jesus Lane
- 7.20pm Doors Open
- 7.30pm Welcome and Introductions
- 7.40pm AGM formal business (see below)
- 8.10pm Project updates and opportunities including
- Transition Cafe - a year full of varied and stimulating talks, and more planned.
- Repair Cafes - going from strength to strength
- CleanWheels (promoting car clubs) - second year update
- Permaculture activities in this region that we could take part in
- Outreach opportunities - what we have been doing and could do more of.
- A lovely film made by Michelle Golder about Empty Common Community Garden
- 9.00 Tea and cake (donations of cake will be very welcome)
- 9:50pm – Finish, tidy and leave by 10.
"There has been such a lot of climate change in the news this year, and demonstrations in Cambridge, awareness is at an all time high. But people still need advice about what needs doing - what we can do ourselves and what we should be asking for.''- Nicola Terry
For the formal business, only Transition Cambridge members can vote (friends are invited to observe).
- Minutes from last AGM to be approved
- Approved accounts from acting treasurer Judith Rattenbury, TC Treasurer, to be approved
- Election of Officers (current officers are Chairperson: Jacky Sutton-Adam; Secretary: Nicola Terry; Treasurer: Judith Rattenbury)
- Any other business: items will be limited to 10 minutes including discussion, and possibly less if there are several items; therefore presentation of the issue will be limited to 2 minutes, to allow time for discussion and a decision if one is necessary. Please let us know by Tuesday 1st October if you would like us to discuss something during this part of the meeting.