|Trumpington Seedy Sunday was held on Sunday 29th January 2012 at Trumpington Village Hall, Trumpington, Cambridge CB2 9HZ. 1:30-4:00pm.|
It went really well! See below for more photos of the 2012 event.
Meanwhile please note the date for the next Trumpington Seedy Sunday: 20th January 2013.
- Talk: The Millennium Seed Bank Partnership – a global network for plant conservation given by John Dickie BA PhD Head of Botanical Information Seed Conservation Department, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Talk commences 2pm.
- Talk on Growzones.
- Demonstration on how to chit seeds to see if the seed you have taken are viable.
- Talk on setting up seed circles.
- Seeds for donation - from the Heritage Seed Library.
- Tea and cakes - by Trumpington W.I.
- Heritage Seed for sale - from Thomas Etty Heritage Seed Merchant.
- Stalls - Transition Cambridge Food Group and Permaculture Group.
If you have seeds you have saved or packets you are unable to use please bring them but this is not essential.
Please check back here for updates about Trumpington Seedy Sunday 2012 or contact Ceri Galloway C. 840602 or Susanna Colaco C. 841870.
Come along to help make it even better than Trumpington Seedy Sunday 2011
- Cycle from west/central Cambridge: 15 mins along Trumpington St.
- Cycle from east Cambridge: join the Busway cyclepath at the railway station. Exit the Busway turning right onto on the new path just before the Foster Road Busway stop. Pass the bike shelter on your right, then the chicken allotments (beware the track is very bumpy here), then bear right between the houses onto Foster Road. Turn right along Foster Road and then Paget Road to the NW corner of the estate where there is a path to Beverley Way. The Village Hall is on the left where Beverley Way meets the High Street.
- Buses: Bus to Addenbrookes and walk across the fields, across the new access road and the Busway. NB this section of the Busway does not operate buses on Sundays.
- Car: close to M11 junction 11, signposted "Trumpington Park and Ride".
This annual event is organised by Trumpington Allotment Society with help from Transition Cambridge.
If you can, please publicise Trumpington Seedy Sunday 2013 by displaying the poster.
Meanwhile for posterity this is the poster advertising the 2012 event.